Annons:
Taghamster
Read 4099 times
Niklas
2018-02-18 14:42

Can hamsters live alone?

Do you need to keep hamsters in pairs or can you have a single hamster?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Evelina
2018-02-18 14:43

From my understanding they can be quite aggressive and potentially kill each other so they should live alone. I think it varies depending on breeds, litters, and genders however.

Niklas
2018-02-18 14:46

Oh, how are they with humans then?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2018-02-18 14:50

Not sure, I think if they are scared they can bite. But I have only held my boyfriends sisters hamster.

Granja Del Toro
2018-02-19 04:00

Gold hamsters are a specie that are solitary animals, which means they only get together to mate. How ever dwarf hamsters are not solitary animals, they live in small groups and there for they  always need to bee one friend with them in the cage. But gold hamsters would kill each other if you put two adults in the same cage. When gold hamster pups are 2 months old, they  need to have separate cage each  to live in.🙂

Niklas
2018-02-19 11:35

How strange that they are so different between different types of the same animal.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Granja Del Toro
2018-02-19 12:21

#5 Yes, a bit strange I guess 🙂 But then again, not all humans have same cultures and traditions either Laughing out loud So when you think it that way, it becomes not so strange any more Laughing

Annons:
Niklas
2018-02-19 12:46

:-) Good argument.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Emmy
2018-05-12 13:32

When I had my two gold hamsters we had to keep them in separate cages because they would try to kill each other if they got close. It's quite sad actually, since they don't get any hamster-company. This is why I like guinea pigs a bit better.. Innocent

- Emmy

Hostess of Guinea Pig Savvity

Granja Del Toro
2018-06-03 03:59

#8 Oh, the gold hamsters gets all the attention and company from their owners.🙂

#2 They like the company of humans and enjoy to get cuddled and petted by their human companion. The owner is actually the only company what the gold hamster likes. Of cause, you need to tame them first, get them to trust you and like being touch by you and hold by you. Other wise they will run away when you try to get them or they will give you a little bite to defend themselves. But other wise, the only company they enjoy is the company of their owner.🙂

Granja Del Toro
2018-06-03 04:03

Also it is especially important to get the females to trust you and like you, if you plan to breed hamsters. If the female do not trust you, she can get aggressive when she has babies, or worse, eat them in her way to protect them from humans, caused by stress, fear and insecurity…

Scroll to top
Annons: